PCOS is known as Polycystic Ovarian syndrome. It is a quite a common female endocrine hormonal disorder that affects around 20 percent of women in reproductive age. The PCOD is a condition where ovaries synthesis high quantity of male hormones or androgens such as testosterone.
The testosterone leads to high levels of Luteinizing hormone and low levels of FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone). This condition prevents follicles to produce mature egg resulting in irregular mensuration or anovulatory cycle. If you are suffering from PCOS/PCOD then you can opt for Nirogam Ayurvedic treatment in Amritsar.
Causes of PCOS/PCOD
It occurs due to abnormal hormone levels. The causes are genetics, hormone imbalance, and resistance to insulin, increased levels of inflammation and high levels of androgens.
Symptoms of PCOS/PCOD
- Scanty bleeding or heavy flow
- Menstrual cycles are irregular
- Difficulty to lose weight and weight gain
- Acne on face and back
- Excessive hair growth on face
- Irritability or depression
- Thinning of scalp hair
- Pigmentation on neck.
Disorders because of PCOS
- Infertility or miscarriage
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disorders
- Insulin resistance or type ii diabetes
Nirogam Ayurvedic Treatment in Amritsar
PCOS require early diagnosis and long term management of disease for avoiding complications for life term. The Nirogam Ayurvedic treatment in Amritsar for PCOS includes Nasya, Virechna, Shirodhara and Uttarbasti with lifestyle and diet modification. Also, we plan a personalized treatment for every person.
- Restoration of regular mensuration- Manage scanty blood loss and thin endometrium
- Weight loss in PCOD- helps to lose weight that will make your menstrual cycle regular.
- Restoration of fertility- focus on AMH levels and regular ovulation
- Reducing serum insulin levels- restoring normal hormone levels
- Treatment of hair fall, acne and hirsutism- Provide therapies to combat hair and skin issues.
Ayurveda medicine is given for a minimum of 6-12 menstrual cycles with exercise and diet.
Diet recommendation for PCOD
- Avoid artificial sweeteners and sugary foods.
- Decrease salt intake
- Increase use of fruits and vegetables.
- Select whole grains.
- Non veg can consume protein foods like organic chicken, fresh fish, organic eggs, legumes and whole grains.
- Reduce the use of saturated fats from chicken, red meat and deep fried foods.
If you are suffering from PCOS, then you must opt for Nirogam Ayurvedic treatment in Amritsar. You must also perform yoga and other lifestyle changes to improve metabolic rates.