Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a treatment offering pure oxygen to the body, which can reduce symptoms of many health conditions. This therapy is widely known to treat decompression sickness, carbon monoxide poisoning, and many other diseases. Its prominent application is also observed in sports because it allows athletes to recover and heal faster.
One of the well-known uses of hyperbaric therapy in Wisconsin is in chronic wounds or non-healing wounds. When a patient has conditions like cancer, diabetes, venous and arterial vascular disease, their body’s normal functioning is hampered, which impairs healing processes. In case this individual suffers an injury, they may develop a chronic wound that is hard to heal.
Hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin improves oxygen-related processes in the body, which allows quick healing even in the case of chronic wounds.
Know more about HBOT therapy and chronic wound healing below.
Hyperbaric Therapy Wisconsin
Hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin is a treatment that provides pure oxygen to the body, which improves daily processes and functions, such as healing. It also reduces inflammation, eliminates oxidative stress, and increases infection-fighting power of the body.
When we are breathing atmospheric air like right now, we are intaking 21% oxygen from the atmosphere. Our body is delivering this oxygen to tissues and cells via red blood cells only.
However, it is known that with an increase in atmospheric pressure, the ability of gases to dissolve in liquids increases. For example, a can of soda is air-packed with some gas. After opening the can, this gas releases and you can see bubbles in your drink immediately. Since the pressure is released, gases no longer dissolve in liquid.
Using the same principle, hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin offers 100% oxygen at increased pressure. As a result, oxygen dissolves in bodily fluids (or liquids) like cerebral spinal fluid, lipids, plasma, etc. This oxygen is then delivered to different diseased or deprived cells and tissues, which improves comprehensive healing inside the body.
We use hyperbaric therapy chambers to deliver this therapy to different patients. These chambers are designed as per varying needs of users, such as a monoplace chamber, accommodating only one person, or a multiplace chamber, accommodating 5-10 people. Depending on your needs, you can purchase, rent, or use the right chamber.
When you suffer a persistent injury, you can experience a chronic wound.
Most wounds heal over a while. For instance, if you cut yourself, you will heal eventually. If your wound doesn’t heal, it can be categorized as a chronic wound.
Some chronic wounds are:
- Diabetic foot
- Arterial insufficiency wounds, which decrease blood flow in your feet, legs, or other body parts
- Osteomyelitis, which is a type of bone infection
- Radiation treatment causes persistent wounds
- Venous stasis ulcers, which causes swollen legs
How Hyperbaric Therapy Wisconsin Helps In Chronic Wound Treatment?
As hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin delivers oxygens to your body, it helps in the following ways:
- In case of some diseases, such as diabetic foot or cancer, your blood flow is hampered. This is the reason natural healing processes of the body are poor. Delivering optimum oxygen allows our tissues to heal properly.
- Appropriate oxygen delivery in the body helps strengthen white blood cells, which improves our infection-fighting responses.
- Oxygen is associated with new blood vessel growth. With extra oxygen, your body can benefit from appropriate blood vessels growth.
The process of chronic wound healing involves improving the environment in which cells and tissues are healthy and healing quickly. This automatically maximizes our body’s ability to heal.
Details About The therapy
Before you start receiving hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin, here are the things that you should understand:
- The treatment time varies between 60-90 minutes. The doctor might also suggest 30-minute sessions, depending on your body’s requirements. You need to receive these sessions for 4-6 six weeks.
- Once inside the chamber, the patient doesn’t feel any discomfort. It is a comfortable environment, where you can sleep, relax, read a book, or interact with other patients.
- Hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin is a non-invasive treatment, which is completely safe for any individual. It only involves sitting inside a chamber for some time and relaxing. Therefore, any adult, and even children, can receive this therapy.
- If your doctor has suggested hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin, then you may be able to receive insurance benefits. Otherwise, off-label treatments are not covered under your insurance, hence, you may need to pay for the therapy yourself.
- You can select different types of chambers for therapy. For example, many hyperbaric chambers are now equipped with a bed or an in-built secure TV unit. These chambers will help you pass time during the therapy.
Hyperbaric therapy Wisconsin is an optimum treatment to heal chronic or persistent wounds. When an individual is suffering from such a wound, not only it is persistent and non-healing but also painful and difficult to manage. Your quality of life is seriously hampered by these types of injuries. Hyperbaric therapy can help treat these wounds in a non-invasive method. You only need to consult with your doctor to understand your condition and take better health decisions.